The objective of Kaleidos Foundation is to drive the strengthening of the community capacities. That is why the projects developed involve direct actions on the beneficiary populations, in order to foster or guarantee the fulfillment of the rights.
The program is based on two lines of action:
Who is the target audience?
- Adolescents who have become mothers and fathers, and their children.
It proposes a daily, comprehensive and interdisciplinary work, throughout the time, whether at a specialized center or at schools with interviews made at home.
Within this line of action we have two projects:
JAKAIRÁ CHACARITA: A specialized center, providing free assistance, located at Chacarita, CABA. It has an exclusive maternal kinder for the children of the adolescents between 45 days and 2 years old.
Since its inception in 2003, over 500 adolescent mothers and fathers and more than 400 children have been attending the program..
JAKAIRÁ TRASLASIERRA: Located at Traslasierra Valley, in Córdoba province. We have developed a network of adolescent motherhood and fatherhood that works from the high schools and closely with all the organizations of the community.
This project began in 2007. Since then, over 200 adolescent mothers and fathers and more than 140 children have been attending the program..
Below are the axes of accompaniment that Jakairá carries out, always conceived as a transversal approach with a focus on rights and gender:
- Development of a personal project.
- Principles of child care.
- Violence (gender, family and institutional).
- Adolescence and sexual and reproductive rights.
So, we understand that the strategies of accompaniment must be able to accompany the adolescents in the development of a personal project. These must be able to provide a network of care for the children as well as to serve their needs for their own good, to encourage the healthy bonds among the adolescents, as well as among the adults and adolescents, and to guarantee the access to the contraceptive methods chosen by each of them.
- Adolescents in general and all the people who work with or are related in any way to the adolescents.
- Actors who work with or are related to early childhood.
Our proposal is to work on prevention, promotion and training, based on the schools and institutions that gather them. The approach is an experiential and ludic one, and it is always carried out together with the references of each institution.
Regarding the adolescence, we suggest the following subjects:
- Non-violent dating. Prevention on gender violence. Types of violence.
- Gender equality. Gender stereotypes. Diversity.
- Bonds among adolescents.
- Reproductive and sexual health.
- Adolescent motherhood and fatherhood.
- Rights of the adolescents.
With regard to the early childhood, we approach the following subjects, adjusting them as per the diagnosis achieved together with the institution:
- Emotional development. This is key in the early childhood. Characteristics of early childhood.
- The importance of the fellow beings in the development of a boy/girl.
- Developmental process modes in children and ways of relating with the others, related to the body and its manifestations.
- The creation of problems and the search for empathy in daily situations of the children´s care and the involved emotions.