Fundación Kaleidos fosters and aims at strengthening the community abilities. It develops direct action projects for the beneficiary populations, to foster or restore their rights.
The program is based on two lines of action:
Who is it for?
- Adolescents who are mothers and fathers, and their children.
It is a proposal of a daily, comprehensive, interdisciplinary work over time, either at a specialized center or at schools, with home interviews.
Within this line of action we have two projects:
JAKAIRÁ CHACARITA: It is a specialized center, free of charge, located in Chacarita, CABA. It has an exclusive daycare (45 days to 2 years old) for the adolescents´ children.
Since its inception in 2003, more than 500 adolescent mothers and fathers and 400 children have gone through the accompaniment program.
JAKAIRÁ TRASLASIERRA: Located in the Traslasierra Valley, in the province of Córdoba. A “network for adolescent motherhood/fatherhood” that works through high schools and in close connection with all community organizations.
This project started in 2007. Since then, more than 200 teenage mothers and fathers and 140 children have gone through the accompaniment program.
The core components/focuses of accompaniment (always conceived as a transversal approach with a focus on rights and gender):
- Development of a personal project.
- Early Child Development.
- Violence (gender, family and institutional).
- Adolescence, and sexual and reproductive rights.
So, we understand that the strategies of accompaniment must be able to accompany the adolescents in the development of a personal project. These must be able to provide a network of care for the children as well as to serve their needs for their own good, to encourage the healthy bonds among the adolescents, as well as among the adults and adolescents, and to guarantee the access to the contraceptive methods chosen by each of them.
- Adolescents in general and all those who work with, or consult on, adolescence.
- Actors who work with, or consult on, early childhood.
Our proposal is to work on prevention, promotion and training, based on the schools and institutions that gather them. The approach is an experiential and ludic one, and it is always carried out together with the references of each institution.
The core subjects:
- Dating without violence. Prevention of gender violence. Types of violence.
- Gender equality. Gender stereotypes. Diversity.
- Relationships between teenagers.
- Sexual and reproductive health.
- Teenage motherhood and fatherhood.
- Teenagers´ rights.
- Key topics related to early childhood.
With regard to the early childhood, we approach the following subjects, adjusting them as per the diagnosis achieved together with the institution:
- Emotional development. This is key in the early childhood. Characteristics of early childhood.
- The importance of the fellow beings in the development of a boy/girl.
- Developmental process modes in children and ways of relating with the others, related to the body and its manifestations.
- The creation of problems and the search for empathy in daily situations of the children´s care and the involved emotions.